Great River Park is a beautiful and much loved stretch of the East Hartford’s riverside. Stretching along the bend of the Connecticut River adjacent to East River Drive, Great River Park is a great place to get away from the hustle and bustle of life and enjoy the outdoors. Enjoy picturesque vistas of the riverside and the city along nearly two miles of paved and lighted Riverwalk. Facilities include a boat launch, picnic tables, fishing access, a 350- seat amphitheater and a unique collection of sculpture art. Pedestrians can easily travel back and forth to Hartford via the Founders Bridge Promenade or the Charter Oak Bridge just steps from the park.
For information about the Great River Park Boat Launch, including the permit application, please click here.
The Town of East Hartford offers an annual 'Sounds of Summer' Concert Series at the Great River Park Amphitheater. We are excited to invite community members and neighbors to enjoy the 2021 Sounds of Summer, a series of free, family-friendly concerts returning to the riverside amphitheater at Great River Park. We welcome the community to bring a picnic basket, your friends and family and join us to relax and listen to live music outdoors while overlooking the banks of the Connecticut River and the Hartford skyline. Concerts will be cancelled in the event of inclement weather. Cancellations will be posted on the Town of East Hartford website and Facebook page. We will attempt to reschedule any cancelled concerts.
2021 Summer Concert Series Schedule
- Thursday, June 24, 6-8PM - Shaded Soul (Vocal and instrumental variety)
- Thursday, July 1 - no concert
- Thursday, July 8, 6-8PM - Larry Stevens (Pop/Rock and Classic Rock) - CANCELED
- Thursday, July 15, 6-8PM - Soul Sound Revue (9 piece Motown Revue)
- Thursday, July 22, 6-8PM - Dually Noted (Rock-n-Roll classics)
- Thursday, July 29, 6-8PM - Sound Pipers (Reggae Fusion) - CANCELED
- Thursday, August 5, 6-8PM - The Score (Classic Party Rock)
- Wednesday, August 18, 6-8PM - Larry Stevens Band (Pop/Rock and Classic Rock) - NEW DATE!
- Thursday, Sept. 2, 5:30-7:30PM - Sound Pipers (Reggae Fusion) - NEW DATE & EARLIER TIME!
The Sounds of Summer Concert Series is sponsored by: Mayor Marcia A. Leclerc, Pratt & Whitney, Rotary Club of East Hartford, East Hartford Fine Arts Commission and The MDC.