NOTE: Print the card, fill it out and bring to Registrars Office. You are not registered until it is received and processed by the Registrars Office, Town Hall, 740 Main Street.
To Register to Vote in Connecticut You Must:
- Be a United States citizen;
- Be a resident of a Connecticut town;
- Be at least 18 years old on, OR before, election day;
- Have completed confinement and parole if previously convicted of a felony.
If You Move:
- You must fill out a new voter registration card if you have moved to a new town OR moved within the Town of East Hartford.
- Applications and ballots are supplied by the Town Clerk at (860) 291-7230
- Call the Registrar of Voters Office at (860) 291-7280.
Registration Deadlines for New Voters
- Your application must be postmarked or received by a Voter Registration agency by the 7th day before an election (OR you may register in person with your Registrar of Voters by the 7th day before an election).