The Health Department provides residents and businesses with services both remotely and in-person. We encourage you to use our online services for the most timely and efficient response, however Town Hall is now open to the public so we may better serve those who are unable to access our services remotely.
- All complaints regarding bedbugs, unsanitary conditions, and others should be entered via the My East Hartford App with photos and contact information.
- All foodservice license applications and renewals must be submitted to the Health Department through the Town’s online permitting portal. This includes licenses for restaurants, groceries, delis, mobile food vendors, and temporary events. Instructions for using this system can be found at this link.
- Requests for record reviews and septic system information can be made in person, by phone (860) 291-7324 or by email atEastHartfordHealthInspectors@easthartfordct.gov
- For questions regarding Covid-19 and flu vaccinations, please call the main Health Department number at (860) 291-7324.
- For any other Health Department-related inquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To report suspected outbreaks of apparent infectious diseases or suspected bioterrorismevents, contact (860) 528-4401 after hours 24/7/365.
- For WIC Program certification, education and EBT recharge appointments call (860) 528-1458 ext. #1, or visit email@example.com.
The Health Department preserves and protects the public's health. Programs include water quality assurance, sewage disposal, food protection, pool/school/lead and housing investigations and communicable disease control. The Department provides educational programs on health issues and influenza immunizations for seniors. Five divisions comprise the Department of Health and Social Services. They include Administration, Environmental Health, Community Health and Nursing, WIC, and Social Services. The Department also administers the Public Health Emergency/Bioterrorism, Farmer's Market, Mosquito Abatement, and USDA WIC Nutrition Programs.
|Laurence Burnsed, MPH, MBA||Director||(860) 291-7324|
|Michael O'Connell, RS||Public Health Supervisor||(860) 291-7329|
|Louise F. Benjamin MS, RS||Public Health Sanitarian||(860) 291-7327|
|Anton Trojanowski MPH, REHS/RS||Public Health Sanitarian||(860) 291-7328|
|Patty Mascoli CDN, CLC, MS||WIC Coordinator||(860) 291-7192|
|Julia Maurer, MPH||Public Health Emergency Preparedness Coordinator||(860) 291-7458|
|Amanda Garrity||Deputy Health Director||(860) 291-7325|