View Contact Info
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
How to Reach Us
The Tax Office is working to provide our residents and businesses with services remotely. We thank you for your patience as we work to transition our key services online.
All Personal Property, Motor Vehicle, and all other Real Estate taxes (including, non-escrowed real estate taxes, and real estate taxes due from landlords [or any taxpayer that rents or leases property to tenants or lessees] whose Deferment application has been approved], are due on July 1, 2020 and must be paid or US Post Marked on or before October 1, 2020 to be considered on time.
As of October 2, 2020, a 6% interest penalty applies to unpaid July bills. Interest cannot be waived or reduced.
- Payments and Payment history can be made online at: https://www.mytaxbill.org/inet/bill/home.do?town=easthartford
- Click on to online bill pay and follow the prompts from there
- Federal Tax Return Info: Click on the IRS tab and it will populate the bills and payment dates for 2019
- For people seeking a DMV clearance to register their motor vehicle: You will have to provide proof of funds coming out your checking account or a charge to your credit card
- Proof can be emailed to: Tax@easthartfordct.gov
- Upon verification of proof a representative from the Tax Office will log on to DMV and clear you electronically
- Individuals with delinquent Taxes coded with "TaxServ, LLC" should make payments directly to TaxServ
- Payments can be processed by phone at (860) 724-9100 or on their website www.taxserv.com
As always tax payments in the form of Check or Money order can be mailed through USPS or dropped off in the Tax drop-box outside of Town Hall. All inquiries for the Tax Office should be sent to: Tax@easthartfordct.gov
The Department of the Tax Collector assists in the timely collection of tax revenue and the administration of programs to maximize collection success.