Located adjacent to East River Drive, Great River Park offers picturesque vistas of the riverside and the city along nearly two miles of paved and lighted Riverwalk. Facilities include a boat launch, picnic tables, fishing access, a 350- seat amphitheater and a unique collection of sculpture art. Pedestrians can easily trav el back and forth to Hartford via the Founders Bridge Promenade or the Charter Oak Bridge just steps from the park.
The Great River Park Boat Launch offers easy access to to the Connecticut River.
Daily - Non-Resident/Resident: $20 (payable in cash at the launch)
Seasonal Permit - Resident: $40*
Seasonal Permit - Non-Resident: $80*
*Seasonal permits are only issued at the Parks and Recreation office, by mail, or by phone, during regular office hours.
HOURS: Sunrise to sunset
DATES: May 1 through September 30
Note: Launch will be closed during fireworks, select special events or due to flooding.
Visit www.riverfront.org for boat launch status updates.
Seasonal boat launch permits must be obtained at the Parks & Recreation office. Current Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm. The office is currently closed to the public; please call for assistance. Passes may be purchased over the phone (860-291-7160) or through the mail.
Seasonal permits must be affixed to the port side of the windshield or stern of the boat.
PARK/BOAT LAUNCH RULES
- Park is closed from sunset to sunrise, East Hartford Town Ordinance 14-10 (22). Gates are closed and locked at sunset.
- East Hartford residents must show proof of residency with a Connecticut Driver's License or Connecticut Identification Card with a boat registration to obtain a permit. The name on the identification and the boat registration must match.
- No tying up to the dock for extended periods. The dock is intended for embarking and disembarking.
- All boaters must display a current seasonal permit or pay daily launch fees to use the launch.
- All boaters are subject to the State of Connecticut boating statutes and regulations.
- Any boaters causing excessive wake, noise, or operating in a hazardous manner will not only risk police action but will be refused future use of the launch.
- DEEP Law enforcement and public safety vessels are exempt from fees.
- No alcoholic beverages allowed in the park. Violators may be fined.
- No swimming.
- Dogs are required to be on a leash.
- No fishing allowed on the dock.