The Assessor’s Office administers exemption programs which benefit the elderly, disabled, blind, and veterans. The number of participants in each of these programs continues to grow each year.
Connecticut law provides for annual tax relief payments for certain homeowners. Additionally, property tax exemptions are available to qualified individuals such as, discharged veterans, and spouses of deceased discharged veterans.
Eligible parties must contact the Assessor’s Office for applications for these programs.
Please click on the links below for information specific to each exemption program.
- Blind Exemption
- Elderly and Totally Disabled Homeowners Town Local Option
- Elderly and Totally Disabled Homeowners State Program
- Energy Systems - Solar & Class I Renewable Energy Source Application
- Motor Vehicles Exempt from Property Tax
- Motor Vehicles - Commercial Truck, Tractor, Trailer or Semitrailer Exemption Application
- Social Security Disability
- Veteran’s Exemption Program