East Hartford, CT—As a result of confirmed community transmission of the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), the Town of East Hartford is focused on ensuring the health and safety of our residents. To maintain social distancing practices, all town facilities have been closed to the public and meetings and events have been canceled. However, our staff continues to provide some of our critical services to the public remotely.
"For many weeks we have been planning and working toward various changing levels of response along with daily and hourly changes to our operations. Our town Unified Command Team has been meeting to transition appropriate core functions that can be handled remotely. We work daily to ensure our community can continue to count on services available via web, phone, mail and email," said Mayor Marcia Leclerc.
Below is the list of remote services available by department.
Inspections and Permits
- Permits will no longer be issued in person. Permits can be requested online at easthartfordct.viewpointcloud.com or by phone (860) 291-7340.
Inspections in private dwellings will be suspended until further notice.
Inspections inside commercial buildings will be determined on a case-by-case basis. Contractors and homeowners can arrange to provide our inspectors with live video inspections. Photographs are only accepted upon advance approval of the supervisor of inspections. Based on either the live video or photos, our inspectors will either:
Pass the inspection
Conditionally pass the inspections with verification later
Fail the inspection due to insufficient evidence of code compliance. Our inspectors will be available for telephone and email communication.
- Inspections at open construction sites will continue at the discretion of our inspectors.
Planning and Development
- All in-person Land-Use Group meetings are suspended. To receive guidance on how to start, expand, or relocate a business in East Hartford, please email Michael Daniels at [email protected].
- All permits and applications can be accessed online at www.easthartfordct.gov/development/applications-and-fees
- Applications and plans should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For motor vehicle adjustments please email [email protected] with the following:
- Bill of sale
- Trade-in Certificate
- Junk Receipt
- Plate Cancellation from DMV
- Out of State Registration
- Donation Letter
- Total Loss Documentation from Insurance Company
- Town Elderly Program exemptions and State Elderly Program exemptions can be accessed at www.easthartfordct.gov/assessor or by clicking these links:
- Real Property information can be accessed through the GIS at www.easthartfordct.gov/assesor/property-information-gis or by clicking here.
- To submit your annual Income & Expense Form please go to www.easthartfordct.gov/assessor or click here.
- For payments, payment history and Federal Tax Return information please visit this link www.mytaxbill.org/inet/bill/home.do?town=easthartford or click here.
- People seeking a DMV clearance to register their motor vehicle will have to email proof of funds coming out of their checking account or a charge to their credit card to [email protected].
- Individuals with delinquent Taxes coded with "TaxServ, LLC" should make payments directly to TaxServ by phone at (860) 724-9100 or via web www.taxserv.com
- All inquiries for the Tax Office should be sent to: [email protected]
- All complaints regarding bedbugs, mold, unsanitary conditions and others should be entered via the My East Hartford App with photos and contact information
- New foodservice license applications must be submitted to the Health Department by mail. For instructions please go to www.easthartfordct.gov/environmental-health/food-licensing-forms or click here.
- Requests for record reviews and septic systems can be made by phone (860) 291-7324 or email [email protected].
- Until further notice, all nursing services will be provided remotely.
- For WIC Program certification, education and EBT recharge appointments call (860) 528-1458 or visit [email protected].
- All Food Banks and town-sponsored Mobile Foodshare distributions at Hockanum Park and Veterans Terrace will continue to operate as scheduled. Food Bank volunteers have been instructed to pre-bag food items for customer pick-up and cease client self-selection.
- To speak with a library staff member or get a library card call (860) 290-4330 between 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday
- To reach a reference librarian, send an email to [email protected].
- Use your library card number to access our Online Databases (www.easthartfordct.gov/library/digital-resources), including Job Now, Research IT, Law Depot, Consumer Reports, and Ancestry.com.
- For e-book and e-audiobook access, download the Libby app or follow directions from the downloadable catalog (www.libraryconnection.overdrive.com). New titles are coming soon!
Parks and Recreation
- The East Hartford Parks and Recreation Department office and all rental facilities are closed to the public until further notice, including the Community Cultural Center, Veteran’s Memorial Clubhouse, North End Senior Center and Brewer House.
- All programs and events have been canceled until further notice. Those who are registered for upcoming programs will be issued household credits if we are unable to resume programming this spring. Those who would prefer to withdraw now and receive a full refund instead of a household credit may call (860) 291-7160. Refund checks will be mailed to the household address on file and generally take 2-3 weeks for processing.
- The East Hartford Senior Center and the Senior Center Thrift Store are closed to the public and all events have been canceled until further notice.
- Meals on Wheels deliveries will continue with CRT as usual
- Dial-a-Ride trips will only offer critical transportation for groceries and medical appointments
- Transfer station remains open to the public and operates on the regular schedule, available here www.easthartfordct.gov/waste-services.
- Bulky waste permits will no longer be sold in person. The process will be done remotely via email, mail or dropbox.
- Bulky waste permit applications can be accessed at www.easthartfordct.gov/bulky-waste-permit-application-and-information or by clicking here.
- Filled out applications should be dropped off at a drop box available 24/7 at 61 Ecology Drive or emailed to [email protected].
- Modified cemetery operations
- For land records please visit www.easthartfordct.gov/town-clerk or click here.
- Services Available via mail and drop off include:
- Funeral Directors, for service, please call Town Clerk Robert Pasek directly at (860) 291-7235.
- All East Hartford Youth Services events, programs and activities have been canceled.
- Youth Services full-time staff will continue to serve our clients by phone at (860) 291-7179 between 8:30 am - 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday.
- All counseling sessions will be conducted by phone
Emergency Services (Fire Department and Police Department)
- The East Hartford Police and Fire Department continue to respond to emergencies.
- All ride-a-longs and visits to the stations have been canceled until further notice.
- Fingerprinting services are suspended and the Police Department’s Record Division is closed to the public until further notice.
The East Hartford Cemetery Division has instituted changes to their standard operations during COVID-19. These changes have been implemented to ensure the safety and welfare of our employees, residents and their families.
The Town will fully abide by the Governors Executive Orders regarding gathering limitations, facemasks and distancing protocols.
Until further notice the Town of East Hartford has suspended all Saturday interments until July 6, 2020. For additional details please see this link.
As always, if you need to mail documentation to a specific department in the Town of East Hartford please use the address below:
Town of East Hartford
740 Main Street
East Hartford, CT 06108
Application forms and other documentation can be placed in the blue Town Hall "Tax Drop Box" located in the Town Hall Parking lot.