East Hartford, CT—Mayor Marcia A. Leclerc would like to announce that the Town of East Hartford will waive the Town’s portion of the marriage license fee of $16 for any couple applying for a marriage license for a St. Valentine’s Day wedding. The cost of the license for Valentine’s Day marriages will be the $34 state fee only.
“I would like to wish Happy Valentine’s Day to all,” said Mayor Marcia A. Leclerc. “In celebration and honor of love, East Hartford is happy to follow its annual tradition and waive the Town’s portion of the fee for those wishing to get married on Valentine’s Day.”
Couples planning to marry in East Hartford on February 14, 2020, should indicate the date of marriage on their application to the Town Clerk to qualify for the fee waiver. Applications may be submitted any time up until Valentine’s Day.
A few important reminders when filling out applications for a marriage license include:
- The application process will take some time to complete, so please plan to arrive no later than 30 minutes before the office closes.
- Both parties must appear together, in person, to complete the application. A Driver's License or other valid photo identification is required.
- Know the state or foreign country in which each of you was born.
- Know each of your mothers’ full maiden names.
- Know where each of your respective parents were born (state or foreign country).
- Know your Social Security numbers.
- Provide the date the ceremony will be performed.
- Provide the name of the person officiating, their address and phone number.
- Keep in mind that the marriage license is good for only 65 days from the time of issuance. Therefore, it is best to apply no sooner than one-to-two weeks prior to your wedding day. This will allow time to reschedule in the event of an emergency.
For more information on marriage licenses, as well as obtaining marriage certificates or Justice of the Peace services, please call the Town Clerk’s Office at 860-291-7230.