East Hartford, CT— East Hartford has established a new Quality of Life (QOL) phone number to help residents report issues of concerns throughout town.
Effective immediately, residents can call 860-291-7765 to report concerns related to potholes, blight, property maintenance concerns and others. The QOL line is monitored during business hours only (Monday-Friday, 8:30-4:30). All voicemails received after 4 PM will be addressed the next business day. In the event of an emergency, please call 911. To report traffic violations, call East Hartford Police routine number 860-528-4401.
HOW TO REPORT CONCERNS:
Individuals calling the QOL line to report issues of concern must be prepared to describe their concern in detail. Please be as thorough as possible to help staff address these issues effectively and efficiently. Be prepared to provide the following:
- Your full name, phone number and email so you can receive progress updates.
- Describe the exact issue you are reporting
- Where the issue is location (exact address/markers and any additional identifiers)
- Time of day the issue occurs
- “The light is out on my street” – This is a bad example of reporting an issue. It does not provide enough detail for our staff to locate the concern, and gives no context of what the issue is.
- “I am reporting an abandoned vehicle” – This is a bad example. It does not provide enough detail for our staff to locate the concern, and gives no context of what the issue is.
- “I live at 740 Main Street and there is a light pole right across from my property, near a bench. The light is out and the fixture is missing. The pole number is 12345.” – This is a good example of reporting an issue. It provides enough detail, gives the exact location and thorough context.
- “There is an abandoned vehicle parked at 740 Main Street on the front lawn. The vehicle has been there for over a week, it has a missing tire and a broken window. It is there all times of day, including overnight.”- This is a good example of reporting an issue. It provides enough detail, gives the exact location and thorough context.
Please know, if your message is clear enough and staff do not have further questions, you may not get a call back, but your concern will be entered in the “My East Hartford” platform to be addressed. Individuals who leave their phone number and email address will receive automated progress updates on their issue.
The QOL line was created to supplement the “My East Hartford” platform that allows residents to report concerns through this link https://easthartfordct.qscend.com/311/request/add and receive timely progress updates.
Residents are still encouraged to utilize the “report an issue” button on the town website as showed below, to report concerns.
Unlike the QOL line, the platform streamlines and manages resident requests for service and allows staff and the public to smoothly track case progress and receive updates.
“My East Hartford” is also available for smartphone users in the App Store and Google Play as well as on our mobile-friendly Town website.
Help us fight the blight. Report issues of concern today!