(March 30, 2020) – Mayor Marcia Leclerc urges residents to follow the CDC’s recommendations and Governor Lamont’s executive orders to stay home to prevent the spread COVID-19.
“I am calling on all East Hartford residents to follow these measures to contain the spread of the disease,” said Mayor Marcia Leclerc. “People violating social distancing guidelines and restrictions, place residents, town employees as well as their own families in jeopardy of contracting and spreading the disease.”
This past weekend there has been wide use of our parks and gatherings of families and youth. While outdoor recreation is encouraged, we ask that residents take extra precautions to stay healthy and safe. Effective immediately, our town playgrounds, tennis courts and basketball courts are closed to the public to encourage social distancing. Please maintain at least 6 feet of distance between yourself and others when outside and avoid congregating in groups.
It is imperative residents follow the guidance set by the CDC to reduce community spread of COVID-19:
- Stay home if you can. The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to the virus.
- If you have to go out, follow social distancing measures and keep at least a 6-feet distance between yourself and others.
- Parents should not allow children use playground equipment or benches in local parks as these structures are not being disinfected.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Wash your hands with soap and water frequently and for at least 20 seconds
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands afterward
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Clean and disinfect frequently-touched objects and surfaces.
Please help our community reduce the spread of the virus and protect yourself, your family, our residents and especially those most vulnerable by adhering to distance and isolation measures.
Continue to monitor the Town of East Hartford website at www.easthartfordct.gov and our Facebook pages at @townofeasthartford and @MayorMarciaLeclerc for up-to-date information on COVID-19 as it relates to our community as well as valuable resources available to local residents and businesses.