Community Cultural Center
50 Chapman Place, East Hartford, CT 06108
The East Hartford Community Cultural Center has rooms available for rental including a Gymnasium, Auditorium and both large and small group meeting rooms. Events must be booked at least two weeks in advance.
All rentals are based on up to 4 hours usage. Resident fees apply Monday through Thursday before 8:30 AM and after 4:30 PM and Fridays before 8:30 AM and after 1:00 PM.
Community Meeting Rooms: 3, 11 , 12, 101, 103, 104, 107
If you do not have insurance, an additional REFUNDABLE deposit of $150.00 is due at the time of booking. Additional refundable Deposit Fee: $100
Resident: $50 Additional hours $13 per hour
Non-Resident: $80 Additional hours $20 per hour
Business/Profit: $225 Additional hours $57 per hour
If you do not have insurance, an additional $125.00 NON-REFUNDABLE fee is due at the time of booking. Additional refundable Deposit Fee: $150
Resident: $150 Additional hours $38 per hour
Non-Resident: $275 Additional hours $69 per hour
Business/Profit $500 Additional hours $125 per hour
If you do not have insurance, an additional $125.00 NON-REFUNDABLE fee is due at the time of booking.
Additional refundable Deposit Fee: $300
Resident: $200 Additional hours $50 per hour
Non-Resident: $300 Additional hours $75 per hour
Business/Profit $450 Additional hours $113 per hour
Security Deposit For All Rentals
Must be received at the time of rental payment for the event. Please be aware that this deposit is completely separate from the payment of the facility rental and is fully refundable to the primary contract signer only, assuming the facility is left in satisfactory condition and all policies have been met.
Facilities may be reserved at the Parks & Recreation Department per the following schedule:
Monday through Thursday: 9:00 AM—10:00 PM
Friday & Saturday: 9:00 AM—11:00 PM
Sundays: 12 Noon—10:00 PM
- There will be no charge for the use of meeting rooms 3, 11, 12, 101, 103, 104 and 107 during Parks & recreation Office hours during the normal business week for residents.
- Refunds will be processed within 30 days of the event.
- The full security deposit and rental fees must be received upon application. Make checks payable to “Town of East Hartford”.
- Failure to comply with building use policies, or failure to exercise reasonable care in the use of the facility will result in the forfeiture of security deposit and the disapproval of further applications by the applicant.
RULES & REGULATIONS
The East Hartford Community Cultural Center will operate under the following policies in an effort to offer a variety of leisure centered community activities. As used herein, the term “facility” shall mean the room(s) or portion of the East Hartford Community Cultural Center reserved and utilized by the applicant.
Parks & Recreation Department Hours of Operation: Monday through Thursday, 8:30 AM—4:30 PM, Thursdays, 8:30 AM—7:30 PM, Fridays, 8:30 AM—12:30 PM.
- Town-sponsored programs receive first priority at all times. Should a Town-sponsored program require use of a reserved facility, every effort will be made to find you a suitable replacement facility. Should the Town be unable to do so, however, the Town reserves the right to cancel your reservation.
- Evidence of Liability Insurance (if required).
- Except as set forth in below, reservations will be accepted up to one year in advance.
- Requests for monthly reservations will be honored up to a year at a time. You may renew your reservation on the final month of your original application.
- Groups meeting more than once per month may only make reservations on a quarterly basis. Facilities may be reserved during the final month of the current reservation.
- Groups and businesses requesting facility use must make reservations at least two weeks in advance of event date.
- All reservations will be dealt with on a “first come, first served” basis based on date of receipt.
- Reservations will be confirmed upon approval of the application.
- Groups requesting facilities on a weekly basis may have use of the facility no more than once each week.
BUILDING USE POLICIES
- Groups are responsible for facility set up and rearranging the facility to its original condition. Set up and rearrangement of the facility must be accomplished within the time covered by the reservation.
- Community Cultural Center will be closed to public use on all Town recognized holidays.
- The Town of East Hartford will not be held responsible for any lost, damaged or stolen property brought into the Community Cultural Center.
- There is no overnight parking allowed (except for full-time residents of the Community Cultural Center).
- Smoking is strictly prohibited in the facility, the Community Cultural Center, the surrounding grounds and parking areas.
- East Hartford businesses may reserve facilities for social/cultural events only.
- Applicant for activity must be in attendance at the event throughout its duration.
- You are expected to keep the facility free of litter and to use the receptacles provided for trash disposal.
- Should damages occur during facility use, a written report must be filed with the Parks & Recreation Department by the person identified on the application within 24 hours.
- Any damage or misuse of the facility will result in the automatic forfeiture of the security deposit. Should the cost of repair exceed the security deposit the person named on the application will be billed for the difference. If a deposit is not made, part of the reservation, applicant will be billed for all damages incurred.
- No helium balloons may be used in the gymnasium.
- All groups using the facility must be considerate of the building’s tenants. There shall be no running in the hallways or loud disturbances. Children must be monitored at all times. NO LOUD MUSIC IS PERMITTED. Music heard outside the rented room will be considered too loud.
- Food and beverages will be allowed in meeting rooms. However, no alcoholic beverages are allowed without the express consent of the Town of East Hartford.
- No food or beverages will be allowed in the hall, hallways, lobby, restrooms or other common areas frequented by the public.
- All local police, fire and other municipal ordinances and regulations governing use of facilities, as adopted by the Town Council, are hereby made part of these conditions.
- Use of glitter and/or confetti within this facility is not allowed under any circumstances.
- Renters/Groups must remain within the room they have rented. They must not use hallways or other areas of the facility.
- The Town of East Hartford reserves the right to cancel all scheduled events due to inclement weather or other emergencies.
- The Parks & Recreation Department reserves the right to require police officers at any given event. If police officers are required, a copy of a receipt stating that police have been hired by the applicant from the East Hartford Police Department must be received by this department at least 2 weeks prior to the event. All applicable fees pertaining to the hiring of police officers will be the responsibility of the applicant.
- Contract/Application must be made out in 1 name only. That person must be the first to arrive and the last to leave and is totally responsible for your event.
INSURANCE CERTIFICATE REQUIREMENTS
- Use of facility will require all organizations (corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships, non-profits, civic associations, etc.) to provide a certificate of insurance evidencing coverage and naming the Town as an additional insured. This certificate is due at the time of application and shall be forwarded to the Finance Director or his/her designee for approval. In those situations where the applicant is an individual, the town reserves the right to make a claim against applicable homeowner’s or renter’s insurance policies should a loss occur.
- Town and Board of Education agencies including associated Boards and Commissions are exempt from insurance Certificate requirements. “Partnering” with a Town or board of Education organization to sponsor or co-sponsor an event shall not eliminate an applicant’s requirement to provide a certificate of insurance.
- Individuals, not associated with the organizations set for above, agree to indemnify and hold the Town, it’s employees and elected officials, harmless for any and all losses (including but not limited to property damage, physical damage, personal injury and/or death) associated with their use of the facility. The town at its discretion, may require the submission of a homeowners insurance declaration page as proof of insurance and reserves the right ot make a claim against this policy should a loss occur.
- If food is to be provided at an event or function open to the public, a Town food service permit together with a certificate of insurance evidencing coverage of a $1,000,000 per occurrence general liability policy naming the Town as an additional insured must be provided. This certificate is due at the time of application and shall be forwarded to the Finance Director or his/her designee for approval.
- In the event of cancellation by the applicant within four weeks of the date of the event, half (50%) of the rental fee will be withheld.
- If the event is cancelled more than four (4) weeks prior to the scheduled date, one quarter (25%) of the rental fee will be witheld.
- A $10.00 processing fee will be withheld for any/all cancellations, as well as for each change to the terms of the rental agreement.
Call (860)291-7160 to schedule your event.
East Hartford Parks & Recreation
50 Chapman Place, Lower Level
East Hartford, CT 06108
Phone (860)291-7160 Fax(860)282-8239