A social emotional group for youth 4 to 7 years of age.
- The group runs for eight (8) weeks starting 9/28/17 and ending 11/16/17.
- It starts at 5:15pm and ends at 6:30pm.
- Group is held in the Children's room at Raymond Library.
- Register here or call 860-291-7179
- SPOTS FILL FAST. Registration will close once the group is full.
Children will learn:
- How to identify and understand their own and other people's feelings.
- How to develop self-control and remain calm when stressed.
- How to express a range of feelings appropriately.
- The connection between how they think and behave and what they feel.
- How to make friends and be a good friend.
The group will use stories, songs, group conversation, writing and drawing exercises and similar to teach kids about feelings. A parent Strong Start Bulletin to information parents about what their kids have learned and give helpful hints on how to keep that learning going at home.