Our outdoor pools are now closed for the season.
Pool admission is always FREE for East Hartford residents.
Age 6 & under: Must be accompanied by person 16 or older. Child must be within arms reach at all times.
Ages 7 - 15: Must provide ID to prove residency when by themselves or with an adult. Parks and Recreation ID cards are available at the office located at 50 Chapman Place for $6.00 and are valid for three years. The other acceptable form of ID is a 2018-2019 East Hartford Public School ID.
Adult Residents: Proof of residency required. Acceptable forms of ID are Driver’s License/permit or State Issued ID Card. Those without proof of residency will be charged the non-resident rate.
Non-Residents: $5.00 per person, including children. Pool Passes may be purchased at $10 per week or $30 for summer.
Please note that swimmers may share the pool with programs going on at the same time. Closed for school holidays, vacations and school cancellations. To be put on a notification list for emergency pool closures, please register for Activity # 99999-1 (mornings) or 99999-2 (evenings).
East Hartford offers 5 beautiful outdoor pools during the summer. We also use East Hartford High School indoor pool and East Hartford Middle School indoor pool throughout the year.
Middle School Indoor Pool
Scotland Road. Indoor pool located in the back of the school. Used for swim lessons, senior aqua aerobics, and other programs throughout the year.
East Hartford High School
869 Forbes Street. Indoor Pool located inside the school. Open for public swim during the school year.
Terry Pool (Outdoor/Seasonal Facility)
Hockanum Park, 320 High St. Located by Hockanum School. Features a 50 meter pool with two diving boards. Olympic Size!
Martin Pool (Outdoor/Seasonal Facility)
Martin Park, 307 Burnside Ave. Located in Martin Park. This is a historic pool dating back to 1938, rectangular with a separate wading pool.
Drennan Pool (Outdoor/Seasonal Facility)
McAuliffe Park, 30 Remington Rd. Located next to Anna Norris School. Features a rectangular pool with a ramp for accessible entry.
Lord Pool (Outdoor/Seasonal Facility)
Gorman Park, 258 May Rd. Located behind O’Connell School. Features a ramp for accessible entry, water slide, and separate wading pool.
Goldstar Pool (Outdoor/Seasonal Facility)
Goodwin Park, 1235 Forbes St. Located behind Goodwin Elementary School. Features a family friendly pool with a mushroom water feature.
Group Swim Lessons
Group swim lessons are held at the Middle School Indoor Pool during the school year. The Middle School Pool is located at 777 Burnside Ave, but to access the pool, please use the school entrance on Scotland Road. Swim Lessons are taught by American Red Cross Certified Lifeguards and emphasize water safety, drowning prevention & and skill acquisition. Proper swim lesson level placement is critical for your child’s success in swim lessons, as well as ensuring that the experience is enjoyable and safe. Classes are held once a week on Mondays, Thursdays or Saturdays for 8 weeks. Click here to register for swim lessons.
MONDAYS, Sept. 24th - Nov. 26th (no class 10/8, 11/12)
Level 1 6:40 - 7:20 PM Activity #: 93401-1
Level 2 6:40 - 7:20 PM Activity #: 93402-1
Level 3 7:25 - 8:05 PM Activity #: 93403-1
Adult Lessons 7:25 - 8:05 PM Activity #: 93410-1
THURSDAYS, Sept. 27th - Nov. 15th
Waterbabies 6:40 - 7:10 PM Activity #: 93409-1
Preschool 6:40 - 7:10 PM Activity #: 93400-1
Level 4 7:15 - 7:55 PM Activity #: 93404-1
Level 5 7:15 - 7:55 PM Activity #: 93405-1
Level 6 7:15 - 7:55 PM Activity #: 93406-1
SATURDAYS, Sept. 29th - Nov. 17th
Waterbabies 10:35 - 11:05 AM Activity #: 93409-2
Preschool 10:00 - 10:30 AM Activity #: 93400-2
Level 1 10:35 - 11:15 AM Activity #: 93401-2
Level 2 11:20 AM - 12:00 PM Activity #: 93402-2
Level 3 11:20 AM - 12:00 PM Activity #: 93403-2
Level 4 12:05 - 12:45 PM Activity #: 93404-2
Level 5 12:05 - 12:45 PM Activity #: 93405-2
Level 6 12:05 - 12:45 PM Activity #: 93406-2
Ages 4 & up. Max 2 participants. Four 30 minute classes per session.
Instructor: Debbee Lewis
Location: High School Indoor Pool
Fee: $59 residents / $69 non-residents
Mondays & Wednesdays, Sept 10, 12, 17, 19
- 7-7:30PM - Activity # 93413-1
- 7:30-8PM - Activity # 93413-2
- 8-8:30PM - Activity # 93413-3
Mondays & Wednesdays, Oct 15, 17, 22, 24
- 7-7:30PM - Activity # 93413-4
- 7:30-8PM - Activity # 93413-5
- 8-8:30PM - Activity # 93413-6
Mondays & Wednesdays, Nov 5, 7, 14, 19
- 7-7:30PM - Activity # 93413-7
- 7:30-8PM - Activity # 93413-8
- 8-8:30PM - Activity # 93413-9
Mondays & Wednesdays, Nov 26, 28, Dec 3, 5
- 7-7:30PM - Activity # 93413-10
- 7:30-8PM - Activity # 93413-11
- 8-8:30PM - Activity # 93413-12
Tuesdays & Thursdays, Oct 16, 18, 23, 25
- 7-7:30PM - Activity # 93413-13
- 7:30-8PM - Activity # 93413-14
Tuesdays & Thursdays, Oct 30, Nov 1, 8, 13
- 7-7:30PM - Activity # 93413-15
- 7:30-8PM - Activity # 93413-16
Tuesdays & Thursdays, Nov 27, 29, Dec 4, 6
- 7-7:30PM - Activity # 93413-17
- 7:30-8PM - Activity # 93413-18
Private Swim Lessons
One-on-one private lessons are now available!
Please email our private swim lesson instructor, Debbee Lewis, at email@example.com to
schedule a mutually convenient time.
Fee: $99 - includes four 30 minute classes of private instruction.
1. Children below age 7 or those children whose shoulders are not above the height of the water at the shallowest point of the pool must be accompanied by a parent of guardian.
2. Swimming is only permitted when the facility is open and lifeguards are on duty. Participants are responsible for their own safety.
3. All children, age 7 and up are required to use gender appropriate locker rooms. If a child requires assistance, they must be accompanied by a gender appropriate parent or guardian. If a parent of the opposite gender wishes to accompany their child inside of a locker room, they must wait until all members of the opposite sex are out of the locker room in order to go in. The locker room that the parent wishes to accompany the child into must be of the parent or guardian's gender.
4. All persons must shower with water and soap before entering the pool.
5. Personal flotation devices must be stamped “Coast Guard Approved” and used with an adult swimmer within arms length of the swimmer.
6. Proper swim attire is required. Swimsuits must conform to accepted standards of decency. Cutoff shorts, gym and basketball/sport shorts are not permitted. No clothing of any kind in the pool unless authorized. Authorized clothing can only be a white t-shirt. No pants of any kind.
7. Infants and persons without bowel control must wear tight fitting rubber pants over cloth diapers.
8. No paper diapers are permitted. Specially designed "swim diapers" are acceptable.
9. Persons reasonably suspected to have any considerable area of exposed sub-epidermal tissue, cuts, or known or recognizable contagious/communicable diseases, cough, cold, open sores, blisters, bandaged wounds, fever, inflammation of the eyes, nasal or ear discharge, are not be permitted to enter the pool. Persons with diarrhea must wait 48 hours before swimming.
10. Urinating, spitting, blowing the nose, spouting water or depositing foreign matter into the pool is prohibited.
11. No animals with the exception of service animals, shall be prohibited within the pool fence, pool room or bath house facilities.
12. Boisterous or rough play, shoulder rides, dunking, and running is prohibited. Playing, hanging on lane lines and safety buoys is not permitted. No person shall bring/throw into the pool any object that may carry contamination or endanger the safety of any bather.
13. No diving is permitted excepted in designated areas.
14. Before using the diving board, water slide or deep water, a swimmer must demonstrate swimming ability.
15. Blankets, towels and folding chairs may not be placed on walkways.
16. Tobacco, food, gum and drink are prohibited on the pool deck or in the pool. Glass containers are prohibited. No person under the influence of alcohol or drugs will be permitted.
17. Use of the pool shall be prohibited during an electrical storm. Pool will reopen 30 minutes after storm.
18. Abusive or profane language will not be tolerated. Swimmers using offensive language, tones or gestures will lose their swimming privileges.
19. Staff not responsible for valuables. You’re to bring a lock to secure your personal items in a locker. Locks must be removed daily, if left overnight they will be removed.