The Mayor for the Town of East Hartford, Marcia Leclerc, serves as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) for the Town, the Director of Emergency Management, and as the official head of East Hartford, for all ceremonial and military purposes.
A life-long resident, Mayor Leclerc is dedicated to serving and fulfilling the needs of the residents of East Hartford to achieve a high quality of life in a safe and pleasant community in which to live, learn, work and develop.
With a strong mayoral form of government, Mayor Leclerc is responsible for the administration of all Town Departments including the Corporation Council, Town Clerk, Human Resources, and Administrative Departments (Finance, Development, Police, Fire, Public Works, Parks and Recreation, Inspections and Permits, Health and Services, and the Library). As part of her administrative duties Mayor Leclerc:
- Ensures that all laws and ordinances governing the Town are faithfully executed so resident’s families and properties are safe and protected.
- Requires strong leadership and accountability in the administration of all government managed programs.
- Participates in and delivers periodic reports at Town Council meetings to provide timely and comprehensive information and recommendations about current and future town programs and developments.
- Prepares the Annual Town Report which summarizes each department’s responsibilities and accomplishments during the past year.
- Prepares and submits an annual budget to the Town Council that focuses on fiscal responsibility and efficiencies in government.
- Promotes economic development to attract and retain businesses that will improve the commercial vitality of the community.
- Appoints department heads and other officers that bring expertise and experience to add value to Town services, which in turn, benefits the entire community.
The Mayor’s Office Staff supports the Mayor’s administrative tasks and services the needs of residents, businesses and visitors by providing timely and informative customer assistance to requests for help and information. The staff is committed to meeting citizen’s needs by acting as a central resource for town-wide information regarding services, programs and resources that have been established for the public good.
The Mayor’s staff is also responsible to responding to hundreds of individuals each year through phone calls, emails, correspondence and by way of walk-in visits. Public communications are also handled by the Mayor’s Office including official proclamations, press announcements and information for the Town’s website. The staff also oversees a variety of projects and programs as well as assists other departments and organizations with their daily business.
The Mayor’s Office is the hub of municipal activity within the Town of East Hartford. If you have questions, or need additional information about the Town’s programs or services, please contact them for prompt, courteous and professional service.
Town of East Hartford, 740 Main Street, East Hartford, CT 06108
Hours: Monday - Friday: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Tel: (860) 291-7200 - [email protected]