(EAST HARTFORD, Conn.) Today, January 18, 2021 Connecticut’s largest vaccination site opened in East Hartford on Pratt & Whitney’s decommissioned runway. Pratt & Whitney, with its global headquarters in East Hartford, is allowing the state to use the property to move up to 1000 vehicles a day through the vaccination line. The vaccination site will operate Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Appointments are required.
Members of the Connecticut National Guard CT State Police, East Hartford Police and Pratt & Whitney Protective Services will be on site to assist in managing the vaccination process and traffic flow. Connecticut residents are asked to enter the campus from Silver Lane only.
Chris Calio, president of Pratt & Whitney, said that the company is pleased to help the town of East Hartford and the state of Connecticut make the vaccine available. “Vaccinating as many as possible, as efficiently as possible, is the key to ending the pandemic here in Connecticut and around the world,” said Calio. “We at Pratt & Whitney are happy that we can assist in this crucial effort.”
East Hartford Mayor Marcia Leclerc said that the activation of this site in East Hartford gives us hope that better times are ahead. “It is exciting to know that right now, our essential workers and most vulnerable residents are starting the process towards stopping the spread of this infection.”
- CT Mirror-Connecticut’s largest COVID vaccination site is now open. Here’s what you need to know.
- Hartford Courant - Mass coronavirus drive-thru vaccination site opens in East Hartford.
- Middletown Press - Dan Haar: COVID 'Vaccine Village' comes to life on an East Hartford runway.
- NBC News - State's Largest COVID-19 Vaccine Drive-Thru Clinic Opens in East Hartford.
- WFSB - Runway in East Hartford converted into mass drive-thru vaccine clinic