East Hartford Social Services will be holding an additional sign-up for low income East Hartford families requesting assistance with Christmas Food Baskets and Holiday Toys for their children, ages 0 - 10 only, for those who missed the earlier Combined Holiday sign-ups (Thanksgiving & Christmas) held during the month of October. Sign-ups will be held in the Social Services Department, lower level of Town Hall, 740 Main Street on:
Tuesday, November 28th between 9:30 - 11:00 a.m. & 2:00 - 3:00 p.m.
At the time of sign-up, the following information must be provided:
- Proof of East Hartford residency: photo ID with current address or current bill
- Proof of current gross monthly income
- Current budget sheet from DSS (for cash assistance only)
- Dates of birth for all family/household members
- Long form birth certificates for all household members under age 18
- Proof of guardianship/custody, if applicable
PLEASE NOTE: If you already signed up in October, you do not need to reapply. The application you already filed covered these programs. Food Baskets are available for families only and are based on the amount of donations received. A completed application does not guarantee that assistance can be provided. Singles will be provided with referrals to other community resources.
This is the FINAL SIGN-UP
APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED ON THIS DATE AND THESE TIMES. NO APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED OVER THE PHONE.