Patient Eligibility Guidelines
This service is aimed at women over 35 years of age. Individuals who are eligible to schedule an appointment include:
- Patients who had their last mammogram more than one year ago and the results were normal/negative.
- Patients who had a diagnostic breast work-up at last mammogram with negative results and who received a recommendation to return in 12 months.
- Patients who had breast biopsy or surgery more than two years ago and have been told everything is clear/benign and they can resume annual routine screening mammogram. Or patients who have had a breast biopsy less than two years ago, but have had a normal screening mammogram since. In either case, the report must be available to the technologist before the patient has her mammogram on the van.
Who should not be scheduled to have a mammogram on the van?
- Prior breast surgery: Unless the above criteria regarding breast surgery is met, patient should have their screening mammogram at a diagnostic facility.
- Pregnancy: Wait 6 months after childbirth or 6 months after finishing breastfeeding.
- Breastfeeding: Wait 6 months after breastfeeding is terminated.
- Previous breast cancer: Patient that have a history of breast cancer should be referred to a diagnostic facility.
- Symptomatic patients: Patients with breast lumps, masses, calcifications, focal pain, etc.
- Abnormal breast exam: Any patient with an abnormal breast exam should be referred to a facility that offers diagnostic testing and has a radiologist on site.
- Any patient requiring a six month follow up or additional views from last mammogram must be scheduled at a facility with a radiologist on site to evaluate the films.
- Appointments are required for this event.
- Mobile mammography events are held in the Raymond Library parking lot located at 840 Main Street, East Hartford.
- The last day to schedule an appointment is the Friday September 8th.
- Patients are required to give their date of birth and phone number upon scheduling.
- Insurance is not required.
For additional questions regarding eligibility or to schedule an appointment at the Raymond Library, please call Hartford Healthcare at 860-972-1243.
If you have scheduled an appointment, please download and complete the intake form prior to your appointment.