The Town of East Hartford is advising property owners and motorists that the 2017 Road Improvement Project associated with the Town’s Road Improvement Program has been awarded to Tilcon Connecticut, Inc. of New Britain, Connecticut. Construction activities are scheduled to start in May, 2017 and continue through November, 2017.
Work undertaken on the listed streets may include any or all of the following: pavement reconstruction, installation of new curbing, manhole adjustments, utility structure adjustments, sidewalk ramp construction, pavement markings, new street & regulatory signs, and restoration of disturbed areas.
The following roads will be reconstructed using pavement reclamation methods:
• Adams Street – Vine Street to Murray Street
• Edward Street – Prospect Street to Stanley Street
• Greene Terrace – Main Street to Rose Street
• Murray Street – Main Street to Dead End
• Rose Street – Greene Terrace to Springside Avenue
• Springside Avenue – Main Street to Cul-de-sac
• Stanley Street – Prospect Street to Main Street
• Sterling Road – Prospect Street to Main Street
• Vine Street – Adam Street to Prospect Street
• Claremont Street – Maplewood Avenue to Park Avenue
• Deerfield Court – Deerfield Avenue to Cul-de-sac
• Deerfield Avenue – Park Avenue to Michael Avenue
• Franklin Street – Park Avenue to Dead End
• Linden Street – Webster Street to Main Street
• Maplewood Avenue – Main Street to Oakland Avenue
• Oakland Avenue – Park Avenue to Dead End
• Webster Street – Woodbridge Avenue to Park Avenue
• Woodbridge Avenue – Main Street to Dead End
• Barbonsel Road – Godar Terrace to Cul de Sac
• Godar Terrace – Forbes Street to Forbes Street
The following streets will be milled and then reconstructed:
• Park Avenue – Main Street to 249’ W of School St.
• Jayce Street – Pitkin Street to East River Drive Extension
The anticipated cost of the project is 4.78 million dollars.
Lane closures and local detours are anticipated and there will be no on-street parking during construction and paving operations. Motorists are advised to allow extra travel time and use caution while driving throughout the work area.
Questions can be directed to the East Hartford Public Works Department, Engineering Division at (860) 291-7380, Monday through Friday between 8:30 am and 4:30 pm. Additional information concerning the road improvement program can be found on the Town’s web site at www.easthartfordct.gov/engineering.