The Purchasing Division is responsible for the procurement of all supplies, materials, equipment and services as required by Town Departments to function effectively and efficiently. The Department operates under the Town Charter Sec. 5.6 (C) and Town Ordinances Sec. 10-5 through Sec. 10-14.
Requests for Proposals and Qualifications
Standard Instructions for Proposal
• Sealed proposals will be received by the Purchasing Agent until the date and time on the title sheet. Proposals received later than the date and time specified will not be considered and will be returned unopened. Proposals will not be accepted via Fax or E-mail.
• All proposals will be opened and read publicly and are subject to public inspection. Firms may be present or be represented at all openings.
• Municipalities are exempt from any sales, excise or federal taxes. Fees must be exclusive of taxes and will be so construed.
• The Town of East Hartford reserves the right to reject/extend any or all proposals or any part of any or all proposals and to waive any informality when such action is in the best interest of the Town and also reserves the right to extend an awarded proposal by mutual content and negotiate any terms, conditions and prices if it is in the best interest of the Town.
• Firms should familiarize themselves with the items and/or conditions set forth in the RFP specifications. Failure to be informed will not be accepted as an excuse from fulfillment of the requirements.
• In case of an error in the extension or addition of prices, the unit price will govern. The Town will not be subject to any price increases after an award if not part of the original proposal terms.
• For Professional Services-A selected town committee will evaluate all responses and make a recommendation to the Mayor. If deemed necessary by the committee, an interview may be required as part of the selection process.
All Requests for Proposals are displayed outside the Purchasing Department at EH Town Hall. Should you wish to be included on the bid list for a specific service, please contact the Purchasing Agent for specific directions and instructions. You can call the Purchasing Agent at (860) 291-7271 or e-mail the Purchasing Office.